Hot dogs? Check. Potato salad? Big check. All you need now are some cold brews, and this cookout is ready to roll. When it comes to summer suds, Rhode Island’s on its game. Locally made and easy to find in liquor stores all over the state, these beers deserve a spot in any cooler.
1. Revival Brewing Company’s Night Swim’ah is as bold as the colorful design on its can. The beer boasts multiple, fruity layers for a big, well-rounded flavor. It pairs well with food or as a simple, stand-alone thirst-quencher.
2. Hazy Day from Grey Sail Brewing offers a light, effervescent flavor with a hint of orange. The finish is appropriately dry, making this brew a summer sippin’ favorite.
3. Newport Storm Brewery serves up its Summer Hefeweizen, a light white variety of German beer perfect for the season. Its sweet, fruity flavor and clean finish pair perfectly with some fun in the sun.
4. If you’re looking for a beer you can sip on all day long, look no further than Narragansett Beer’s Summertime Citra session ale. Its distinct lemon flavor makes it as bright and sunny as the season, and just right for easy drinking.
5. Looking for something different? Check out Farmer Willie’s Craft Ginger Beer for a not-too-sweet ginger taste and crisp finish. This boozy Schweppes taste-alike makes a great mixer for some summer sangria.