About the Homeowners
Brian O’Toole is the owner of MaidPro, which is located in the same building he lives in, the Regency Plaza. He lives with his partner Tom St. Germain, who styles hair at Suite Tart.
1. I have a huge passion for architecture. I love buildings and high-rises. One of the things I was looking for when I was apartment hunting was a view of the city. That’s also a source of inspiration for my artwork. I also have little sculptures of buildings scattered throughout my apartment.
2. I like putting neutral items together. I like something that looks very com- fortable, that you can live in and that looks nice as well. It’s also really convenient to live and work in the same building.
3. We spend hour after hour sitting next to each other in the chairs in front of the window enjoying the view and drinking glass after glass of wine. It gets us away from the TV and we can sit and chat all night long. Some of our favorite moments with each
other have been sitting in front of the window without cell phones.
4. I do tend to have an appreciation for wine. One of mine and Tom’s favorite bottles we drank was Oyster Bay. We love sauvingnon blancs from the Marlborough region of New Zealand.
5. I do have a green thumb but Tom is the one who takes care of the plants and he’s incorporated them into the environment here. He brought the pottery crocks here. They have been in his family since the 1900s and are antiques.
6. We both enjoy movies. The table looks like an old film strip and the legs are like a tripod stand. It’s like an old fashioned camera. I loved the whole look of it. I really felt like it fit in with the scheme of the apartment