About the Homeowners
Henry Tingley and Margaret Rancourt live in Calendar Mills in Olneyville. Henry is the assistant manager at Frog and Toad on Hope Street; Margaret is a designer for L’Image Jewelry.
1. We’re the only ones in the mill who have a spiral staircase. Each unit is a little different. It’s all original flooring from when the building was a mill.
2. Margaret was a sculpture major. That octopus was one of her installations. It’s all hand-sewn felt with wax poured on top.
3. That’s a wall of inspiration for our studio space. If Margaret finds an image she likes, she’ll put it up on that wall. Cindy Sherman is up there; she’s one of her favorite artists.
4. The hammock was a gift from my boss. I put it up as a joke that wasn’t going to stay, but it’s really comfortable and divides the room nicely.
5. That’s Louise’s cage. She’s a house trained black rabbit. There was a sign on a telephone pole saying someone was giving her away, and I really love rabbits. The Warren artist Will Schaff did a paper cut of Louise as a gift for me. He’s my favorite artist.
6. The throw is from Frog and Toad. Margaret made the pillows and the slip cover.