ArtProv Gallery's newest show, “Figure & Form, is an artistic exploration of the human body and its emotions that runs through August 19.
“Figure & Form” is group show of paintings, pastels, ink drawings, and ceramic and plaster sculptures that capture the external likeness of individuals as well as their internal experiences, states of mind, and transformations. The main artists exhibiting are Allison Elia, Michele Poirier Mozzone, Eleanor Rahim, Mike Bryce, Jeff Schneider, and Christian Goncalves.
• Allison Elia, who creates large-scale ceramic figures that are sculptural snapshots of a single climactic moment
• Michele Poirier Mozzone, whose current series of pastel paintings represents life’s journey through youth into maturity and beyond
• Eleanor Rahim, an abstract and figurative artist whose works are expressive of her feelings, both positive and conflicted
• Mike Bryce, a prolific artist who paints figures among other genres, creating recognizable works in oil, acrylic, and watercolor
• Jeff Schneider, whose figure and portrait paintings create tensions, states of mind and moral uncertainties
• Christian Goncalves, who uses art as a vehicle to explore the nature of being and express it in a symbolic form
Additional pieces will be shown in the gallery by Judy Volkmann, Sarah Jane Lapp, and Jana Matusz.
For the week of August 13, gallery hours are Monday - Wednesday 11 a.m. - 5 p.m., Thursday 11 a.m. - 9 p.m., Friday 11 a.m. - 5 p.m., and Saturday 12 p.m. - 4 p.m. Check website for weekly hours and special events.